About First City Festival
Experience a weekend of music, food and fresh ocean air at the site of the iconic Monterey Pop Festival. First City Festival, named after Monterey’s claim as the ofﬁcial “ﬁrst capital” of California, promises a sophisticated musical line-up of 30+ bands in a relaxed and beautiful coastal setting. The festival grounds will showcase three live music performance stages plus a Vaudeville variety stage. A full carnival, complete with rides and games, will be available to guests. Unlimited rides are included with every ticket! Curated dining options will include local craft beers as well as wine and food vendors. Be sure to visit the Unique USA Marketplace where designers of anything from furniture, art, and fashion are selling their Made in the USA goods. This year we will also feature Beat Swap Meet where you can search through the vinyl record collections of collectors and dealers to find and buy vinyl gems!
VENUE DOS AND DON’TS
- OK Backpacks (medium)
- OK All Ages Welcome
- OK Hats
- OK Sun Block
- OK Lighters
- OK Cell Phones
- OK Sunglasses
- OK Camelpacks (EMPTY)
- OK Cigarettes
- OK Small Beach Towel
- OK Ages 5 & Under Free
- OK Fanny Packs
- OK Cameras (Non-detachable lens)
- NO Instruments (especially drums!!!)
- NO Knives / Weapons Etc.
- NO Chains / Chain Wallets
- NO Fireworks / Explosives
- NO Blankets
- NO Outside Food & Beverages
- NO Bota Bags
- NO Tents
- NO Flags
- NO Tailgating in Parking Lots
- NO Refunds Or Exchanges or Cancellations
- NO Chairs
- NO Video Cameras
- NO Audio Recording Devices
- NO Professional Cameras (Detachable Lens)
- NO Stuffed Animals
- NO Sharpies / Markers
- NO Pets
- NO Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- NO Coolers
Day lockers will be available to rent at the festival to hold any belongings you don’t want to carry around. Reserve yours HERE before they sell out!
TransportationGet directions, information on parking, and
other details about how to get to First City.
- What time does the festival start?Gates open at 12:00 PM, and the festival starts at 1:00 PM
- What time does the festival end?The festival will close at 11:00 PM
- When will set times be released?Set times will be released later this summer.
- I am having issues ordering my tickets online – help!To order by phone or help with your order please contact Front Gate Tickets at 888-512-SHOW or http://support.frontgatetickets.com
- Will there be activities aside from the bands?YES! We have a full carnival with unlimited free rides, a Unique USA Marketplace to buy Made in the USA good from designers and vendors, and a Beat Swap Meet to find and purchase your favorite vinyl record! Also be sure to check our our food and beverage areas and games!
- Are there ins and outs?There are no ins and outs.
- Can I bring my child?Yes, children under 5 years old can attend with a paid adult.
- Will there be a child daycare at the festival?No.
- What are the food options?There will be vendors that cater to all dietary needs including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. More details on food vendors will be available closer to the festival date.
- Is there free water?We will have hydration stations with multiple water fountains.
- Can I bring my DSLR camera?No, but you can bring any camera without a detachable lens.
- How do I obtain a press pass?Send a formal request to email@example.com
- Can I bring a video camera and other recording equipment?No, this is not allowed.
- Can I bring a CamelBak?Yes, empty CamelBaks and water bottles will be allowed inside the festival.
- Can I bring a chair or blanket?You may bring in a small beach towel, but no large blankets or chairs please.
- Is there a Lost & Found?Yes, lost & found items can be picked up at the Info Booth.
- Is there bike parking?Yes, there is a free bike and skateboard valet near the festival entrance.
- Where is the best place to park?We recommend parking at Monterey Peninsula College. Shuttles will be provided to take you directly to the festival entrance.
- Where is Monterey Peninsula College?980 Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940
- Where is the best place to stay near First City Festival?Please check out the Lodging page.
- Is there onsite camping at First City Festival?No, but there are a few options available in surrounding areas. Please check out the Lodging page.
- ADA Accessibility?Yes, there will be an ADA entrance, restrooms and viewing platforms located at each stage. Further details to be announced along with the festival map in August!
- What type of transportation is available to First City Festival?Please visit our transportation page for up to date transportation options.
- Are you hiring volunteers for the Festival?No.
- I lost my ticket, what should I do?If you purchased your tickets online via Front Gate, please contact Front Gate’s customer service. They’ll be able to assist you.
- I’m a non-food vendor and/or a food vendor, are you taking any applications?If you’re interested in becoming a vendor please click the Questions tab on the left side of the page.
- Will there be first aid on site?Yes, medical stations will be clearly marked on the Festival guide.
- What about bringing my medical prescriptions? (Asthma, insulin, etc)Before entering the Festival please make sure all of the medications are properly labeled with name, phone number and emergency contact. Names on prescriptions must match the person's ID. Notify a security guard at the entrance and the medical staff on site will assist you with storing your medications.
- Will there be ATMs available?Yes, ATMs will be available at various locations, please check the Festival map day of show.